My Black Hair Journey
It will depend on the way you press your hair.
The long reply to this question is:
The phrase urgent can imply different things if you happen to ask different straight folks. To me pressing means taking a heated hair equipment like a flat iron or a urgent comb and operating it via the hair to straighten the hair. There are many components concerned on this course of which will decide whether or not pressing is nice on your hair.
Urgent Can Profit Your Hair and Help It To Grow If:
1. You don’t press your hair at the best temperature in your flat iron or pressing comb. High heat can permanently alter the protein bonds in your hair and trigger it to lose it’s naturally curly texture while you wash it. When urgent your hair, it’s best to use sufficient heat to straighten it till you wash it again, however to not the point of completely changing the natural texture of your hair. If you’re using that much heat, you’re damaging your hair.
2. You don’t press your hair on daily basis. Again, applying that a lot heat to your hair will normally trigger everlasting damage to your hair.
3. You don’t press relaxed hair. Hair that has been relaxed has already been weakened by the robust chemicals used on it. Adding heat to the mixture will trigger the hair to weaken further.
4. You detangle your hair earlier than you press it. If you detangle your hair earlier than you press it, it can make the pressing comb undergo your hair a lot easier and with a lot much less harm than if you happen to strive to use the pressing comb to detangle your hair. I discuss the way to detangle hair earlier than urgent in my book Twelve Steps For Rising Black Hair.
5. You employ moisturizing hair care products to scrub your hair and a thermal protectant, like Northwest Scents™ hair oil, while you are urgent your hair. I have found that one of many variations between hair that presses nicely, and hair that is brittle and breaks while being pressed, is the type of product used on the hair. If you employ moisturizing merchandise on your hair, then your hair will probably be smoother and softer after you press it. My expertise is that when utilizing pure merchandise, like Northwest Scents™, the heat of the urgent comb causes the natural oils to penetrate the hair shaft which in flip causes the hair to be softer and more versatile. If you employ harsh hair care merchandise, like harsh ali hair extensions shampoos which dry out your hair, or merchandise made with lots of synthetic oils, these merchandise will dry out your hair and contribute to breakage if you are urgent your hair.
6. You wear your hair so as not to pull it out. In the event you press your hair and then put on it tightly braided or pulled into a tight bun or ponytail, you’ll most definitely cause hair breakage.
7. You utilize an electric device. It’s best to use an electric equipment for urgent your hair (an electric pressing comb or electric flat iron ) so you can regulate the temperature. Remember, you need to make use of enough heat to straighten your hair until the following wash, but not so much that you damage the protein construction.
8. You don’t get that burnt hair smell. If you happen to odor your hair burning, you’re utilizing a lot heat and you want to show the temperature down.