To The Wig Shop!
Earlier than and After.
The hair in a wig is usually product of plastic. Except it is an expensive human hair wig, which I know nothing about as a result of they’re too costly for me to have. So presuming that you are poor like me, and working with a synthetic wig, common old hair dye is not going to work. Being as it is designed for common old hair that’s not fabricated from plastic. Here is what you need instead:
1. Acrylic ink. (Ink, not paint – this is necessary! You can find this at your local craft retailer. Or online.)
2. A cup of rubbing alcohol. (You could find this in your medicine cabinet.)
3. A spray bottle. (The dollar store is your friend.)
Some of the inks come with a dropper inside the top. I used two brands: FW and Speedball. The FW had a dropper, the other didn’t. The dropper does make it easier to make use of, and also you may want to choose up some disposable pipettes if you do not have the dropper. In any other case, just rely on your finest guesstimation. When you have a dropper, the advisable ratio of ink to alcohol is 8 full squeezes of ink for each cup of alcohol. Obviously this isn’t an actual science. Simply combine the ink and alcohol within the spray bottle until it appears to be the shade you want. You should use totally different colored inks to tweak the coloration. And testing it out on lock of your wig’s hair would not be a nasty concept.
For my wig I used 3/four cup of alcohol and about 6-7 squeezes of ink, and that i ended up with leftover ink mixture. But I used to be also turning an aqua wig blue, so I wasn’t anxious about complete protection, and there are some spots where the outdated shade remains to be visible. The quantity you may want actually depends on how a lot hair you must cowl.
Please word. You cannot dye a wig lighter. So for instance if you started with a red wig you wouldn’t be ready to show it pink, and if you started with a black wig you would not be ready to show it every other color. The color you have beneath can have an effect on the ultimate coloration somewhat so for the purest shade you need to start out with a white wig. Blond may even take the colour properly, and medium colors like my blue wig in this submit will even take the shade however they are going to only go darker. All the time start with a lighter wig and dye darker.
After you’ve gotten your mixture, set your wig up outdoors. I used the extremely fancy technique of placing a broomstick in a jug of water and propping the wig on the broomstick. This isn’t the most effective method if it’s windy. Additionally it regarded like I had scalped a muppet and hung it up as a warning to different muppets. (Muppets must be kept of their place.) When you get your wig propped up somewhere, someway you can begin spraying.
Be sure you are both someplace that overspray and runoff do not matter, or you will have something on the ground to catch the mess. It’s going to make a multitude. The ink acquired throughout my arms, however in the event you wash it instantly it doesn’t really stain. (It doesn’t stain Hands, for clothes there might be more of an issue. Don’t wear your favorite white shirt.)
Let the wig dry. On cosplay.com they said one thing like eight hours, however I did extra like 2 with no issues. Rinse bless hair weave the wig out with water. Let it dry again. And brush it out. If you utilize plenty of ink chances are you’ll must rinse and brush more than once to get the crinkliness out; but even before brushing, I was actually happy with the texture and shine on mine. There was some minor stiffness before brushing, but not an excessive amount of.
And there you go. Just a few simple steps and also you too can have bless hair weave a hair shade not discovered anyplace in nature.
ETA: I’ve been getting a number of questions within the comments, so let me just stress a couple issues.
1) You can not DYE A WIG LIGHTER WITH THIS Methodology. You possibly can solely dye a darker shade than what you’re beginning with.
2) RIT dye does not work higher than acrylic ink. There’s some info about it in the feedback the place I tested it out. And granted the quality of the wig I used was horrible, nevertheless it did not hold the shade as properly in any respect. Simply so you already know.
3) This isn’t an actual technique. That is all based on guesstimation. If you wish to play around with the mixture or you wish to strive one thing moreover a spray bottle that is nice. Simply try to check it out on just a little little bit of the wig first if you may. That is your greatest manner to determine how it should work.
4) I’m not AN Expert! I actually cannot tell you which colours you want to make use of to get a particular effect, and that i’ve never tried to do highlights or dye with two completely different colours or something complicated like that. Whereas I believe loads of issues are Attainable with this technique, I have not tested most of them, so it’s actually going to be as much as you to play with the prospects and use just a little trial and error.
I do not thoughts making an attempt to reply any questions you will have, however I can’t give you far more info than what’s on this publish. Your finest guess to seek out out what’s doable and what you are able to do is simply to experiment.