Rising Black Hair To Great Lengths
First off, what causes the hairline to recede Listed below are the top 6 causes:
– Vigorous combing/brushing
– Braids which are too small, too tight or too heavy
– Improper application and elimination of glued in lace wigs
– Improper utility and removing of glued in weaves
– Extreme enjoyable
– Friction in opposition to your pillow while sleeping
7 ways to get your hairline back:
There are extreme cases of hairline damage where it’s a must to see a doctor to get common pictures and even surgical procedure. For milder circumstances, here are some things that you can do to improve your hairline:
1. Cease brushing your hairline. I mean, do you really really need to exert all that effort when brushing your edges I understand that you want your hair to lay flat however in case you insist on clean/flat edges, do it GENTLY, those strands are fragile and so is the scalp in that area. Infact, here is a challenge for you: Don’t brush or comb your edges at all. Use your fingers, detangle your hair and smooth it back with some edge control.
Give your edges a break from brushing (pun supposed 🙂
2. Be sure that your braids/weaving/cornrows should not too tight. Be certain they are not too heavy and make sure they are not too small. Too tight and/or too heavy braids will trigger trauma to the hair follicle making it incapable of producing hair. Small braids are not likely a difficulty apart from the fact that folks tend to depart them in for too long and with all the movement, the braids generally begin to twist at the bottom, create tension and fall off. So if you should put your hair in small braids either don’t leave them in for too long or redo the edges once they start to twist.
If it’s a must to take pain killers after doing your hair, it is just too tight.
I like Ghana weaving as much as you but tell your hairdresser to go simple. She mustn’t pick every single strand of hair that is in the realm. Ask her to be gentle especially around the hairline
3. Do not glue on lace wigs. If it’s essential to put on a wig, use glueless ones. If you could apply your wig with glue, be sure it is applied in front of the hairline, not behind or on your hairline. In any case, the effect of glue on your skin is just not correctly researched so I positively advocate skipping the glue applications all together
4. Do not glue in your weaves. It’s difficult to care for your hair when you have got a glued in weave and also tough to take out without causing harm. Opt for a sew in as a substitute
5. Stop enjoyable your edges. Ok, maybe I will lose some of you here but this is what saved my edges o. After relaxing my hair, my edges always regarded extraordinarily thin and lifeless. So I stopped. Now, when i calm down my hair, I start from about half an inch behind my hair line. So yes, the first half inch of my hairline is coarse and nappy but when I want it to put flat, I just get some edge control, apply to my edges and easy it down.
Olive oil edge control
Before and after using edge control on unrelaxed edges
Photo credit: www.mswillasworld.com
6. Sleep with a silk or satin scarf. If you don’t want to sleep with a silk/satin scarf then use silk or satin pillow instances. While brazilian bodywave you sleep at night, you hair rubs in opposition to your pillow and may break attributable to friction. Silk and satin are slippery and create quite a bit less friction than cotton. So tying your hair in a brazilian bodywave scarf made from one of these will prevent friction related breakage in your hairline.
Get good colorful scarves and you can tie your hair up at evening and still look cute
7. straight Add Castor oil to your routine. Castor oil when massaged into the scalp can stimulate hair growth. Use 3 to 5 times per week. See my other more detailed submit on castor oil here
Before castor oil remedy
9 months of castor oil remedy
So these are the top 7 things you can do to nurture and regrow your hairline. Notice that in circumstances of excessive harm to the hairline and follicle, it is suggested that you just see your doctor.
Questions Ideas Let me know is the comment section. Also, I get sooo many questions and comments and can’t answer them all. I figure I can address them by picking my posts primarily based on the most incessantly asked questions. So let me know in the comments what you think my next post must be.