Ideas For Moisturizing Low Porosity Hair
Having been natural for 3 years now, I’m lastly getting a greater understanding of my hair – what’s good for it and what isn’t. I’ve low porosity, coarse, high density hair. If hair typing is your factor, I’d say my hair is well within the 4b/4c vary. My hair is protein sensitive and doesn’t, I repeat, doesn’t like everyone’s “holy grail”, coconut oil. Oh, did I mention that I’ve been going celebrity hairstyles tutorials grey since I used to be about 19 years outdated, so I’ve received white strands and a few white patches all through my hair. Out of all of those challenges, low porosity was the hardest for me to deal with, particularly as a newbie. To start with, I puzzled; why is the conditioner sitting on my hair, why is it taking hours and hours for my hair to dry, why doesn’t it really feel smooth, why is it so brittle What am I doing incorrect Low porosity hair needs lots of love and understanding. However when you determine it out, you notice that low porosity truly has so much to supply.
6 tips for moisturizing low porosity hair
To me low porosity hair, is probably probably the most difficult of the three porosity sorts (normal and excessive, being the other two). In low porosity hair, the cuticle layer of the hair shaft may be very tightly closed making it troublesome for water and conditioning agents to penetrate the hair shaft. But on the flip aspect, once that moisture is in, it’s in. However you have to know learn how to get it in and keep it in. Wholesome low porosity hair is robust, elastic, and shiny and also you solely need to remoisturize a few occasions a week. Here are some tips for moisturizing low porosity hair that have labored for me.
1. Use a prepoo remedy. You need to use an oil, a mixture of oils, a conditioner containing oils, or a butter. A prepoo therapy could be very useful for low porosity hair because it could actually add softness, slip, and weight (which helps with frizz). Penetrating oils like coconut, sunflower, olive, avocado, or grapeseed are good decisions. Some recommend applying this treatment hours earlier than washing your hair. But should you don’t have that kind of time (and many of us don’t) you need to use a thermal heat cap or steamer for ½ hr and let it work its magic. After the therapy, wash thoroughly.
2. Always deep situation. Deep conditioning works best if you depart it on for a minimal of ½ hr however you’ll be able to depart it on for so long as you want. celebrity hairstyles tutorials For low porosity hair, I’ve discovered that deep conditioning works best with heat. Heat sources comparable to a steamer, a hooded dryer or a thermal heat cap work equally well. If you don’t have any of this stuff, simply cowl your hair with a plastic cap, put a hat on top of that and let your physique heat do the work.
3. Water down your conditioner. I do know we’re taught to simply slather on conditioner straight from the bottle onto our hair. But it’s true what they are saying “water is the best moisturizer”. The point here is to saturate your entire head. Imagine, water aided by conditioner penetrating each inch of your dry strands. There’s nothing better. I use about 2 ounces of conditioner to 6 ounces of water. I divide my hair into sections and then work this conditioner mixture throughout. I twist up every part then proceed to deep situation with heat.
4. Seal in moisture with an oil. Low porosity hair often responds higher to the L(liquid/go away-in), C(cream), O(oil) technique quite than the well-known LOC method. Always use your liquid/go away-in first, and your oil final. After my leave-in, I use Pura Body’s Murumuru Moisture Milk earlier than I apply my favourite oil mixture. Some might even wish to forgo the cream and apply oil proper after the go away in.
5. Attempt bagging or utilizing the GHE (green home impact) technique on your hair (either at night or when you’ve got a few hours and nowhere to go). I’ve tried both of these methods, and I feel they’re each nice for bringing again moisture to very dry strands and encouraging development. These are good choices for a mid-week “pick-me-up” for your hair. Warning: Your hair will be damp after these periods. So, what I like to do then is place my hair in a high puff and rock these natural curls.
6. Make satin your best buddy. Whether you sleep with a satin cap or use a satin pillowcase, satin doesn’t rob your hair of moisture the way cotton does. So ditch the cotton pillowcase and let your head slip and slide on satiny heaven. And for additional good measure, particularly throughout these chilly winter months, find yourself a satin lined hat. Now that’s safety!