7 Steps To An Elegant Chignon Hairstyle
The chignon (pronounced SHIN-yawn or shin-YAWN) is a classic updo that may be worn for formal or informal occasions. A easy and elegant fashion, the chignon, comes from a French phrase that means “nape of the neck.” A chignon is finest understood, not as a single type, but as a household of hairstyles, all characterized by the up-sweep and pinning of hair that has hair dye for extensions been gathered at the nape of the neck.
“French roll,” hair dye for extensions “hair knot,” and “bun” are all totally different names for types of chignons. After getting discovered the fundamentals, you’ll discover how totally different accessories, merchandise, and strategies can take your chignon from the office to the gym to a night time on the town. Learn to create this gorgeous style in seven easy steps.
Steps for How to Create a Chignon
1. Start with clear, dry hair. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle the hair and thoroughly remove any knots. Apply styling gel or mousse for added control if desired.
2. At this level, you may half your hair, and pull out some strands to frame your face should you so choose. Use a paddle brush to easy the remaining hair back, and brush it right into a low ponytail. Pull tightly for a cleaner, extra formal look. Keep it unfastened and supple for a extra informal appearance. Safe the ponytail with an elastic band.
3. Break up the ponytail into two equal halves. Twist the 2 halves collectively to kind a rope (this is also called a double-strand twist).
4. Elevate the rope up and loop it around the elastic band to form the chignon.
5. Safe the chignon to the scalp utilizing hair pins, bobby pins and/or chopsticks.
6. Use rollers or a flat iron to curl or bump the strands on the entrance of your face if desired. Alternately, comb bangs and other long items of hair back towards the chignon and secure with pins. Add jewels, barrettes, or flowers for a decorative touch.
7. End with your favorite hairspray for added sheen and hold.
Random Suggestions and Recommendation
For added physique, use a large curling iron or rollers to build free curls into the hair before forming your ponytail. Additionally, be sure that the ponytail will not be pulled too tightly to the scalp.
Gentle, silky hair can be slippery and due to this fact tough to secure with pins. Try backcombing or teasing the hair earlier than styling so as to add texture and make the hair simpler for the pins to grip.
Use two bobby pins to type a crisscross in places the place an extra-agency hold is needed.
Run some styling gel by your ponytail to tame fly-aways.
Be creative when it comes to placement. Strive forming a chignon off-heart or increased up on your head.
There are hundreds of “twists” on the essential chignon. Try making one with a single-strand twist or several double-strand twists. Experiment with rolling and pinning part of your ponytail then looping the remainder or a free-type variation using pins solely. Good luck and most of all, have fun!
Visit UpdoPrincess.com and learn to create the right updos in your particular occasion – like prom hairstyles,marriage ceremony hairstyles, or hairstyles for some other special occasion. Peruse instructions on the best way to profit from your hair whether it’s curly, brief, long or straight.