Guide To Air Drying Pure Hair For Hair Progress
I had to vary my pure hair care routine as a way to develop my hair lengthy. If you find that blow drying causes you breakage otherwise you just don’t like doing it, you might want to offer air drying a strive. I paid attention to my hair and realized that blow drying was one of the culprits of my breakage. I’m not utterly against utilizing a blow dryer but I air dry my natural hair nearly all of the time. The mixture of heat and manipulation required to blow dry my pure hair was an excessive amount of for my hair to handle while making an attempt to reach my hair size targets. Air drying tends to work best if you plan on doing a curly or protective style.
1) Towel dry your hair with a microfiber towel. It helps absorb excess water.
2) Apply a top quality depart in conditioner (this needs to be part of your natural hair care regimen already). This helps hydrate your hair and easy the cuticles.
3) Layer the leave in conditioner with an oil. I personally like safflower oil because it is full of ceramides. This is the step that some individuals skip. The oil helps to carry in moisture and will help your air dried hair be smooth and have sheen.
*Some people have asked where I discover my safflower oil. If it’s not at your local grocery retailer try ordering it on-line from Amazon.
4) Set your hair utilizing a technique to “stretch” it out. I want braids, giant twists, or bantu knots.
5) Non-obligatory- apply a butter to help hair “stretch” and elongate. I like to focus shea butter
on my ends as a result of it helps prevent single strand knots.
Notice: I usually do this previous to going to mattress and permit my hair to air dry over night time.
For extra breakage reducing suggestions read my info on the 3 M’s of Natural Hair Care.
So let’s say you don’t have time to air dry or it’s simply not your preference. When i can’t air dry my pure hair or I need a smoother set I take advantage of a hooded dryer.
I comply with the identical steps that I listing above except I set my hair utilizing bantu knots or rollers. The bigger your sections are the extra stretched out your hair shall be.
1) If you are going to use a hooded dryer put money into one which makes use of ionic heat. It’s going to leave your hair feeling gentle, clean, and never as dried out as it’s possible you’ll discover with different forms of heat.
2) If you are going to sit down beneath the dryer for an extended period of time it’s possible you’ll need to consider using a silicone based heat protectant.
A hooded dryer is a superb funding if you will do your natural hair care at house. Use it for styling and deep conditioning.
If time doesn’t permit me to air dry or sit beneath the hooded dryer then I resort to blow drying. Blow drying just isn’t part of my normal natural hair regimen, but typically it can’t be averted. I actually find this probably the most damaging of all the strategies, especially if completed frequently. Nevertheless there are occasions when blow drying is the most effective possibility. If I plan to flat iron my hair then I choose to blow dry first for best results. Despite the fact that this isn’t my most popular methodology, after i do blow dry my hair here are some issues I do to minimize the injury.
1) I towel dry my hair how to make hair braid FIRST. Blow drying soaking wet hair takes without end and leads to extra breakage because my hair is more fragile.
2) All the time use a heat protectant!!! Don’t skip this step if you find yourself blow drying. A silicone based mostly heat protectant will assist forestall injury from the heat.
3) Use a dryer that has thermal ionic expertise and ideally a cool setting as properly.
4) Remember that you are blow drying, not blow frying. Do not dry your hair to the point that it feels like straw. It’s best to still really feel a slight softness and moist (not damp) feeling.