What, How & Why
My hair is texlaxed however it’s nonetheless relaxed hair. I’ve seen this false impression popping up not too long ago but texlaxing my hair still means I’m a relaxed head. Earlier than I proceed, let me say that there’s absolutely nothing fallacious with relaxing your hair bone straight! I did it for years. I long brown wig no bangs only switched to texlaxing (even when I began texlaxing my accident) because I needed thicker hair. Whether texlaxed, bone straight, or even natural, the one thing that issues is that your hair is Wholesome. Mhkay, let’s cyber-hug and dive more into texlaxing.
To texlax your hair means you purposely beneath process your hair when stress-free it, thereby retaining more texture.
There are a number of ways to go about texlaxing your hair:
– Use a mild relaxer that you’ll know will underneath process your hair.
– Add oils or conditioner to the relaxer (relevant to both lye and no-lye relaxers) to weaken it.
– For no-lye relaxers: reduce the amount of activator you add, thereby weakening the relaxer’s energy.
– Apply vaseline/petroleum jelly to new development.
– Limit the time relaxer is on your hair. For example, if the directions indicate that the relaxer ought to be left on for 15 minutes, shorten that time.
How I texlax my hair:
– I exploit a relaxer that without aid, doesn’t chill out my hair bone straight. Specially: Organic Root Stimulator Relaxer (lye) in regular power. To shortly answer a “Picking Your Brain” submission, I want lye components as a result of no-lye left my hair limp. I’ve used lye relaxers for years and my hair prefers them.
– I don’t easy too much and limit software and smoothing to eleven minutes. I loosen up my hair in halves to make the method easier.
– Vaseline on my new progress — I truly stumbled across this method by accident. After i self-relax my hair, I use Vaseline/common petroleum jelly to base my scalp and I am very heavy handed so I get Vaseline all over my new progress. I realized that coating my new development with the vaseline was contributing to my texlaxed results because it created a barrier between my hair and relaxer, weakening the relaxers straightening effects.
How to determine what level of “texlaxed-ness” you want (before your truly contact-up/relaxer):
– Take a few shed strands of hair, as a result of I don’t want you pulling out strands that are perfect content to remain related to your scalp lol, and utilizing any of the strategies above, apply relaxer to the brand new development on the strands. Play around with how long you leave the relaxer on the hair, smoothing, method, etc. until you achieve your required outcomes.
– In case you carry your personal relaxer every time you go, add oil and/or conditioner to the relaxer you carry with you.
– If you utilize the relaxer that’s supplied by the stylist, coat your hair with oil, conditioner, and/or petroleum jelly before your appointment.
– Request that the stylist shorten the appliance and smoothing time. Hey, it’s your money and your hair, don’t be afraid to request simply what you want.
– When you already calm down your hair, for your subsequent touch up, simply attempt one of the methods above, in addition to decide beforehand how telaxed you’d like your hair to be.
– If you’re pure and want to being chemically course of your hair and obtain texlaxed outcomes:
– The week before: wash and condition your hair as regular and that i additionally counsel doing a protein remedy to strengthen your hair to your upcoming relaxer.
– Throughout the week: avoid scratching and irritating your scalp.
– The day of your relaxer:
– If you’ve by no means self-relaxed your hair before, I’d suggest going to a stylist that you’ve researched and/or watched in action. It’s all the time good to know whose seat you’re going to be sitting in because all stylists will not be created equal.
– In case you used to self-calm down earlier than you transitioned to natural and feel snug self-relaxing once more, use one of many methods talked about above.
Texlaxing is an effective way to realize thicker hair, especially for us wonderful strand ladies. This is because the relaxer is just not processing the hair bone straight. The more the relaxer is allowed to course of the hair, the extra protein bonds are broken in the hair shaft; relaxers straighten hair by breaking down these protein bonds. As a result of much less protein bonds are broken, texlaxed hair retains extra energy than hair that’s processed a bit extra.
Do you feel that the use of a relaxer prohibits your hair in anyway
Not at all. If I want to rock large hair, I air dry or do a braid out (but in truth I haven’t achieved a braid out in months!). If I need straight hair and/or curls, I can either flat iron or roller set it.
Would you recommend texlaxing for somebody who wants to go natural, but is addicted to straightened hair
That depends on why the person need to go pure. If they wish to go natural to achieve thicker hair however want to potentially keep away from utilizing direct heat incessantly to attain straight types, then yes I’d counsel texlaxing.
Apart from that, I think going pure is a personal decision that I strive not to give solutions for to towards. If someone needs to go pure, go for it! Pursue, receive, and care for the hair YOU need for whatever reasons that inspire you.