After You have Cut The first Part
The scissors-over-comb method, often utilized by barbers, is crucial for many alternative cuts for men and women. This explicit technique permits you to cut close to the top and follow the hairline. When you do it proper, you find yourself with a softer look, but not a freshly shaved look such as you get with clippers.
You’ll need to begin with a head of freshly washed, damp hair. Reduce the highest ½ of the haircut, eradicating the bulk. Instructions for this can be found within the Newbie’s Information to Cutting Hair in chapter 11. After that is completed, you possibly can move onto the decrease ½ of the haircut. Listed here are some pointers that will help you:
* Starting on the hairline, carry a piece of hair together with your comb in your holding hand (left hand).
* Cut off the hair that sticks past the comb together with your scissors (in your cutting hand). The decrease blade (the stationary blade) have to be parallel to your comb.
*Keep the blade of your scissors transferring as you minimize a section (one comb’s value) of hair. Should you cease “mid lower”, you may get little nick marks.
*Open and shut the blades all the best way in order that a lot of the chopping is completed with the center a part of the blades rather than the ideas. Slicing with the information may end up in choppy, uneven cuts.
* Attempt to do all the reducing work along with your thumb(higher) blade rather than your lower (finger) blade. Your decrease blade ought to stay as still as potential – that’s why it is known as the stationary blade.
* Cut the hair near your comb however don’t actually contact it (except the style could be very quick). You possibly can end up chopping into your comb quick hair for school and damaging your scissors.
* After you have lower the primary part, lift a number of the lower hair along with the following section you want to cut to act as your guide. Do not reduce any of the hairs out of your previous reduce – they’re just there to guide you.
* You have to keep your comb at a consistent distance and angle from the scalp to get a smooth minimize. This is very troublesome in curved or rounded areas such because the nape of the neck.
* Work your method around the underside ½ of the haircut, lifting either vertical or diagonal sections. Avoid horizontal.
* Stand to 1 aspect as you do this method, indirectly in entrance of what you are chopping. This lets you more easily see the angle of the comb and the quantity of hair you might be reducing.
* It helps to have lengthy scissor blades for this technique. Shorter scissors can result in additional unevenness as well as horizontal “steps” because your hand will likely be in the best way.
This method takes quite a lot of observe, but once you get it right, you’ll blend and reduce very brief hairstyles with a clean, even look.